National Broadband Network
Australia’s new broadband network is rolling out across the city of Wodonga.
The nbn™ network is Australia’s new landline phone and internet network, designed to provide access to fast and reliable phone and internet services no matter where you live. This network has many benefits for homes and businesses including:
- Fast downloads with multiple people and devices operating in the home or business at the same time;
- Smooth video conferencing, taking the frustration out of face-to-face contact with loved ones or work colleagues;
- Fast access to online educational tools so kids can unlock their full potential; and,
- Fast connection to enhance businesses and employees’ productivity.
The nbn™ network is already available to residents and businesses of Barnawartha North, Baranduda (surrounds), Bonegilla and Ebden. It is coming soon to Wodonga central business area, West Wodonga, Bandiana and Leneva.
Check your address here to find out when the nbn™ is coming to you, what network technology the area will receive and to gauge progress.
Five things you need to know, even if you only have a landline phone:
- Why do we need it? With so many connected devices now in the home and workplace, the way we access and use data has changed forever. A fast broadband network will ensure Australia is ready for the next generation of connected homes and businesses.
- What do I need to do? In most areas, once the nbn™ network is available, you’ll need to move your phone and internet services to it to make sure they continue working. Check with your service provider to find out whether your services will be affected.
- How can I get the nbn™ network? As a wholesaler, nbn doesn’t sell directly to the public. That means once it’s in your area, you’ll need to talk to a phone or internet provider about moving your services. Whether you’re a home, or business user, you won’t be switched over automatically. To make the switch, call a phone or internet provider and ask about moving to a plan that uses the nbn™ network.
- What if I don’t make the switch? The nbn™ network rollout affects almost all of us, with access expected to be available to 8 million homes and businesses by 2020. Most people will need to act to stay connected, even if they just have a landline phone.
For more information visit www.nbn.com.au or call nbn on 1800 687 626, 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Friday.
Last updated: 19/05/2016